Women’s House Serving Bruce & Grey will be partnering with County of Bruce’s Business to Bruce to bring you our annual International Woman’s Day Celebration on Friday, March 10th, 2023 – this year, like last, we will have all the fun of our past events, but this year it will be an in-person event! Keep your eye on our social media pages for details and updates on the event as we finalize the plans.
We can tell you that you will not want to miss the keynote speakers – yes, more than one – that we have lined up!! We’re working on details that are sure to make it a wonderful event experience.
As part of the celebration, we’ll continue to include a virtual Silent Auction, open for the week prior to the event, and then the celebrations continue at the in-person event with the much-anticipated announcement of the winners of the two categories of Woman of Distinction awards: Woman of Distinction Award and the Young Woman of Distinction Award.
So, we need your help to find these amazing individuals in our communities!
“Over the years, there have been some phenomenal women nominated”, says Executive Director Lisa Owen. “It’s a beautifully heart-warming experience to receive those nominations and to celebrate those women for how they have touched the world. Please, if you know a woman of distinction, take the time to nominate her.”
Nominators are encouraged to submit a 200 word biography/outline explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction, along with the Nomination Form (attached). We have established the following criteria that will guide us in making our final decision:
- must be a resident of Bruce or Grey County
- provides inspiration and motivation to others
- recognized as a positive role model through example, mentoring and education
- consistently displays leadership qualities
- promotes and supports equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community
- demonstrates vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks
- advocates positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls
Note: all above criteria also applies for the Young Woman of Distinction award, but in addition, young women must still be in school and under the age of majority.
Nominations for the annual Woman (and Young Woman) of Distinction Awards will be accepted until February, 13th, 2023 at 4:00pm. The winners will be contacted prior to the event to ensure they will be able to be in attendance at the event (a requirement to win), as they will be announced publicly on March 10th, at the International Women’s Day Celebration event.
Please send your nominations to Michelle Lamont by mail at Box 760, Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Z4, by email at email@example.com or by fax at (519) 396-7800 – preference is by email. If you have any questions or concerns about nominations, International Women’s Day or Women’s House in general, please contact Michelle at (519) 396-9814 ext.225 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This information can also be found on our social media pages or our website at whsbg.on.ca:
2023 Woman of Distinction and Young Woman of Distinction Award Nomination Form
1. Name of Nominator (person sending in the nomination):
2. Nominator’s Phone/email:
3. Name of Nominee (person you want to nominate for the award):
4. Nominee’s Phone / email:
5. Is the Nominee a resident of Bruce or Grey County?
6. Is the Nominee being Nominated for the:
– Woman of Distinction Award (must be over the age of majority)
– Young Women of Distinction Award (must be under the age of majority and in school)
Please provide answers to the following in as much detail as you can provide, demonstrating the nominee’s unique and outstanding qualities that set them apart from others:
7. How does the Nominee provide inspiration and motivation to others?
8. How has the Nominee been a positive role model through example, mentoring and education?
9. How does the Nominee consistently display leadership qualities?
10. How does the Nominee promote and support equality, improved opportunities and choices in the community?
11. How does the Nominee demonstrate vision, innovation or creativity and the courage to take risks?
12. How has the Nominee demonstrated that she advocates for positive changes in society through the impact of her activities, particularly for women and girls?
Please provide any optional additional information (biography or outline) in under 200 words, explaining why this person should be recognized as a Woman of Distinction or Young Woman of Distinction (use extra pages, as necessary). Deadline for submissions is 4:00pm on February 13, 2023.